I love to read about business, marketing and entrepreneurial ventures. I guess I really like to see how people tick and in turn how they make their businesses successful OR not. Often I learn from watching others make mistakes. I guess I am a bit of a coward in that respect because I learned early that there are two ways to learn – the easy way or the hard way. The easy way is to learn from others mistakes — while the hard way is to be the “other” who makes the mistakes us easy learners learn from.
With this in mind I was reading an interesting article from Inc.com that is a bit off the normal path of what I am drawn to. The title is, “8 Things You Should NOT Do Everyday” by Jeff Haden. I guess this title caught my eye because of the ‘should not do’ — rather than the TO DO’s we normally get in articles.
Here are the eight things Haden shares and I found them to be quite true and Haden promises if you follow these 8 Should NOTS – you’ll have the opportunity to get “3 times more done in a day!” 3 Times. WOW that is impressive. I’m embracing this list…I’ll let you know how it works. Remember this is a list of 8 things you should NOT do….each day:
- DON’T: Check my phone while I’m talking to someone
- DON’T: Multitask during a meeting (ie refer to item #1 – checking your phone — this is equivalent to ignoring the people in a meeting or falling asleep at the desk in school)
- DON’T: Think about people who don’t make a difference in my life (Don’t waste time on people who don’t make a difference — this is a good one)
- DON’T: Use multiple notifications (for heavens sake is everything REALLY that important?)
- DON’T: Let the past dictate your future (Get over it — Let it go!)
- DON’T: Wait until your sure you’ll succeed (Stop waiting — so this is what inspired me to write this blog I’ve been trying to get to when everything else was done)
- DON’T: Talk behind someone’s back (Triangulation is toxic – If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all!)
- DON’T: Say “YES” when I really me “NO.” (Or even “maybe” when you know you mean NO- have the courage to just say it)
This article is really a great one to get you back on track to move forward with a better outlook and more positive attitude for your tomorrow. Take a moment and read the entire article — it will take about 3 minutes… Read Complete Article>>